R. Tyler Huish, DO
47-647 Caleo Bay Drive
La Quinta, CA 92253
Phone: (760) 771-1000
1180 N. Indian Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: (760) 416-4511
- Undergraduate: Brigham Young University, B.A. in Exercise Science
- Cum Laude Graduate
- Medical School: Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Touro University Nevada (Ranked 1st in class)
- Golden Scalpel Award
- Basic Science Award
- Dean’s Award of Academic Achievement
- Dean’s List
- Residency: Hoftstra Northwell Health Orthopedic Surgery, Plainview Hospital, New York
- Fellowship: Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy, UMass Memorial Medical Center, Massachusetts
Dr. Richard “Tyler” Huish, D.O. is a fellowship trained Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy. He is excited to be a part of the DCN network and to be back in his home state of California. Dr. Huish has a passion to treat competitive and recreational athletes of all ages and helps to promote an active and healthy lifestyle to the general public. Dr. Huish takes a conservative approach to treatment, as much of his specialty training is in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Dr. Huish has previously worked as a team physician within the Red Sox organization, focusing on the AAA Pawtucket Red Sox. He has covered professional, collegiate, and high school sports. He enjoys spending time with his wife and children, surfing, golfing, snowboarding, and traveling.
He is currently a member of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) and Sigma Sigma Phi.
Dr. Huish is currently accepting new patients and most major insurances.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Areas of interest include:
- Shoulder Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff and Labral Repair
- Shoulder Instability
- Total and Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Knee Arthroscopy
- ACL Reconstruction
- Multi-ligamentous reconstruction of the Knee
- Cartilage Restoration Procedures
- Hip Arthroscopy